Friday, June 20, 2008

St. John's Wort?

Awhile ago I bought a bottle of St. Johns' Wort - but never opened it. I read somewhere online a list of side efffects from it that very closely mirrored the side effects of the SSRI's.

But, since I stopped the Prozac and haven't gone back to the Dr. yet, and the bottle is just sitting here (I never bothered to return it), I decided to try it. Couldn't hurt, right?
I just took 2 capsules (total 700 mg, I think). It says to take 2 twice a day. If I don't notice side effects, I might just keep taking it and hope for the best until I get back in to my Dr. And if it helps, well, then great.

2 comments:

Jazz said...

I think St. John's Wort, like many of the meds, helps some people and not others. My dad found it very helpful.

deepblue said...

Jazz,
thanks for stopping in and leaving comments (as well as to whoever else might be stopping in). I appreciate it.