Wednesday, June 25, 2008

25 Random Things About Me

Because today is the 25th and I have a ton to do and I'm way stressed out and can't figure out where to begin, so I am avoiding it all, I thought I'd offer a random list of 25 things about me (none having to do with depression issues). Enjoy

1. I am 33 yrs. old
2. I've been married 10 yrs.
3. I have 4 kids: girl age 9, boy age 7, boy age 4 and girl age 2
4. I'm trying to come up with some code names for them so I can talk about them on this blog, but everything sounds so cheesy. I'll keep thinking
5. I play the violin - sometimes in a local volunteer symphony
6. I've written in over 50 journals since middle school
7. obviously, I like to write
8. I graduated from college with a degree in Therapeutic Recreation, but have never worked in my field
9. reason being, I am a stay at home mom
10. my favorite season is autumn
11. I grew up in a place with lots of trees (east coast) and now live in the western desert, which is sometimes a hard adjustment for me
12. I love water - swam on a swim team when I was young, etc
13. I read a lot and go to a small bookclub group in my neighborhood to discuss books
14. I try to go on walks for exercise, but with 4 kids, it doesn't always work
15. I love lavender
16. I have 1 brother and 3 sisters
17. my parents divorced when I was 22
18. I like to save everything of sentimental value
19. I'd like to lose some weight (4 pregnancies did me in)
20. I hate being hot
21. I am left-handed
22. I never sneeze just once - (it's usually in groups of like 7)
23. I have a loud laugh
24. I love lemon-flavored things
25. I love lists

So, there's that.

In other news, I stopped taking the St. John's Wort after a very short ineffective 2 day trial. I know that's not enough to really know if it was working. But after a very very bad day (see previous posts) and a lot of thought, I just wanted to let all the meds out of my system and reevaluate how I feel "normally" and try to decide what to do next. Over the last couple months, I have tried both celexa and prozac (and st johns wort, but barely) and I had so many side effects, I just want to be side effect-free for just a little bit.
And, by the way, after my really bad Sat., I have been feeling a little better, surprisingly. I guess I hit bottom and bounced back to a better level (not great, but no where near as bad).
more later -

1 comment:

Jazz said...

You sound a lot like me, deepblue! I have a degree in ceramic engineering, but except for two years doing post doc work, I haven't worked in my field either...I became a stay at home mom instead. Talk about life not working out the way you planned!

I love your list. I've done over fifty journals since middle school, too!

I hope your depression lifts soon. It's miserable stuff to go through, especially when you're trying to deal with kids. I know, I've been there. Hang in there, it does get better!

Love,
Jazz