Saturday, June 7, 2008

The switch to Prozac

I decided to go ahead and make the switch to Prozac and I haven't noticed much difference from the Celexa. My husband's grandmother passed away last week and we made a short-notice whirlwind crazy road trip to Indiana for the funeral which entailed over 24 hrs. straight of driving there and back. We had other family with us to help with the driving, but we were crammed in a small vehicle and it wasn't very comfortable and we didn't get much sleep the entire 4-day trip.

So, my point is just that I'm not sure if my headache and ringing in my ears is in any way related to the medication or just some overexhaustion and sleep deprivation. Possibly both.

As I was freaking out about leaving my kids for 4 days and packing and driving on such short notice (I don't do well with spontaneous stressful events - which unfortunately is just how funerals happen), I did make a comment to my husband that were it not for the meds, I don't think I would have been able to handle the idea of making the trip AT ALL. So I think it was helping (although I was still a bit of a mess).

Luckily, everything worked out. All the kids - and the babysitters - survived. And, it is a rough transition to be home now. I always feel so out of it when I come home from being out-of-town. And the kids are out of school now and I haven't even had a chance to think about summer yet. So it's weird. I feel like I've been on another planet for much longer than a short trip like that might warrent. Oh well.
Anyway - now I'm on Prozac.
I'll keep you updated.

No comments: