Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mood Meter

I'm trying to come up with my own mood scales, to keep track of how I'm feeling for a little while. Because I know when I'm feeling bad, it feels like I have always felt that bad and will never feel good again. And when I'm feeling good, I think, well, maybe it wasn't that bad. So I need a more objective way to determine how severe my symptoms are right now and what to do about them.
Here are some of my ideas for my personal moods:

Depression Scale:
1 - feeling sucked dry, can barely move, empty, sad, wanting to curl away in a hole
2- discouraged, frustrated, sad,
3 - blah, getting by, uninspired
4 - things are going well
5 - happy, happy, oh so happy

Agitation/Anxiety Scale
1- panic attacks, dizzy, light-headed spells, shaky
2 - ready to explode, thinking of self-harm, going nuts
3 - feeling stressed and overwhelmed, on edge, nervous
4 - feeling pretty much in control and doing well
5 - calm, cool and collected

I might add some more later.
And, for starters, I would say today I'm at between a 3 and 4 for depression and 4 for anxiety (maybe I should reverse those numbers - does it seem backward?)

No comments: